Boilers can last for many years without replacement. To get the most from your boiler, be sure to perform our “Top 3 routine checks.”
- Hot spots on the outer shell
- Look for paint burning on the outer skin
- Steel glowing red from overheating
If any of these signs are apparent, you will need to slowly cool down the boiler, prior to entering it, to visually inspect the refractory on the inside.
- Search for large cracks or broken/missing pieces
- Search for small hairline cracks
- Search for bricks that have fallen out of place or show excessive wear
Call our Refractory Division today, to schedule your yearly routine “Point and Paint” Maintenance Procedure, which will save you on costly repairs and purchases.