ACSI Mechanical Group was founded by Frank M. Lacny in December 1984. The company has always been based in the beautiful southwest suburb of Mokena, Illinois.
In 2009, the company moved to its current location at 19325 S. Schoolhouse Road, Mokena, Illinois. The spacious building is home to corporate offices, stock room and shop for any “in house” fabrication and repairs.
Located off Interstate 80 and Route 45 makes it convenient to travel to service clients up into Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and southern Illinois. We have provided services for customers as far east as New Jersey and as far away as Mexico and Alaska.
The consulting and specialized service capabilities for working on any type of fuel burner and/or fuel, has earned ACSI Mechanical Group a reputation as “burner specialists” – second to none in the area!
Over the years, the company has consulted and assisted many other contractors in the Chicago and Chicago metropolitan area with burner start-up work, unusual boiler room problem-solving situations, or just some basic back-up service support.
ACSI Mechanical Group
19325 S. Schoolhouse Rd.
Mokena, IL 60448
Interested in working with us?
Current Open Positions:
Primary duties include scheduling service calls and route service crews to make needed repairs and complete scheduled projects. Service dispatchers have excellent communication and customer service skills and relay succinct information about service issues to crews working out in the field. The dispatcher will also be responsible for receiving and issuing tickets for service requests and maintaining the work order database. This may include ordering replacement parts, authorizing work, and communicating with workers and suppliers regarding the status of work orders. The duty is to dispatch assistance to customers with heating, cooling, or ventilation needs. The dispatcher is also responsible for fielding requests for emergency service. The dispatcher is often the first point of contact for our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage with clients by taking incoming phone calls to assess and schedule service appointments
- Write work orders by gathering detailed address information from customers and get a basic overview of the service issue.
- Relate details to the service crew that will cation the call. Service dispatchers prioritize service requests and schedule jobs accordingly.
- Dispatch service crews to scheduled appointments and to emergency situations.
- Plan Routes by using maps and GPS software programs to plan routes for service crews.
- Communicate with service crews by answer incoming calls from service crews.
- Addressing emergency situations service crews may encounter and relaying information to management
- Ability to handle all types of situations with clients, prioritization is key responsibility
- Multitasking abilities with keen organization
- Good people soft skills with clients
- Strong Verbal Communication
- Problem-solving skills.
- High School Degree / GED Required
ACSI Mechanical Group is always searching for people who have experience and a desire to utilize their skills in helping clients in the commercial, industrial, high-rise and multi-family buildings. If you have experience in the combustion industry we invite you to explore this site to learn more about our progressive company. If you’re interested in being considered for employment, please fill out the form below.